zondag, augustus 17, 2003

Een tijdje terug meldde een Engels meisje dat ze besnuffeld was door een haai - maar het zou ook een zeehond kunnen zijn geweest, als ik dit lees:

Man's foot broken in seal attack

A swimmer has suffered a fractured foot during a seal attack. Levi Clarke's right foot was cracked in three places as the 6ft animal rammed him in water off Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. Trainee teacher Levi, 21, and four friends were swimming half a mile off a beach at the time.
He said: "We saw some seals up ahead. I was amazed because I've never seen seals in the wild before. I was apprehensive and kept away.
"Suddenly a seal charged at me beneath the water. It went straight into my right leg. The pain was incredible and I went under the water because I had been thrown off balance."
A friend saw the attack and swam to Levi's rescue. He will be in plaster for six weeks, says The Sun.
Coastguards said this is the breeding season for seals and the attack probably happened because there were pups in the area.
(Bron)

Geen opmerkingen: